Difference between revisions of "Axolotl Development"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 16:39, 4 August 2010
An animal model used in limb regeneration studies.
Some Recent Findings
- Multiple sequences and factors are involved in stability/degradation of Awnt-1, Awnt-5A and Awnt-5B mRNAs during axolotl development. "Following fertilization in amphibian, early cleavage stages are maternally controlled at a post-transcriptional level before initiation of zygotic transcriptions at the mid blastula transition (MBT). ...Altogether, these results show that oocyte maturation and late cleavages following MBT are two important periods when axolotl Wnt RNAs are highly regulated."
- The axolotl limb: a model for bone development, regeneration and fracture healing. "Among vertebrates, urodele amphibians (e.g., axolotls) have the unique ability to perfectly regenerate complex body parts after amputation."
- Expression of heat-shock protein 70 during limb development and regeneration in the axolotl. "Using molecular biology and biochemical techniques, we have characterized both the spatiotemporal and quantitative expression patterns of Hsp-70 in axolotl development and regeneration. Our results show that Hsp-70 is expressed and regulated during axolotl development as in other vertebrates. Our data also demonstrate an up-regulation of the RNA transcript for Hsp-70 during limb regeneration as early as 24 hr after amputation that is maintained up to early differentiation. We also demonstrate a similar pattern of expression for the protein during regeneration. Finally, we show that axolotl Hsp-70 is induced threefold after heat-shock as observed in other vertebrates."
Thyroid Hormone Effects
|The effect of thyroxine on the early larval development of the axolotl. The same control and 30 nM T4-treated (TH) sibling animals were photographed at the days postfertilization noted. T4 was added from day 14. (Bar = 1 cm.)|
Search Pubmed: axolotl development
|Animal Development: axolotl | bat | cat | chicken | cow | dog | dolphin | echidna | fly | frog | goat | grasshopper | guinea pig | hamster | horse | kangaroo | koala | lizard | medaka | mouse | opossum | pig | platypus | rabbit | rat | sea squirt | sea urchin | sheep | worm | zebrafish | life cycles | development timetable | development models | K12|
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2020, June 2) Embryology Axolotl Development. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/Axolotl_Development
- © Dr Mark Hill 2020, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G