ANAT2511 Bones and Joints
|ANAT2511 Fundamentals of Anatomy This histology practical support page content is not part of the histology practical class and provides only background information for student self-directed learning purposes. Histology lecturer notice.|
To recognise bone in histological sections and understand its microscopic structure. To know the histology of a synovial joint and a symphysis joint (intervertebral disc) and the function of different tissues within the joints.
- Reading: Human Anatomy, Marieb et al., 6th ed., pages 240‐260
- Virtual Slides: Histology of Bone and Joints
The body structure is formed by a series of bones, joints and cartilage, the bony part of the framework is called the skeleton.
Individual bone forming cells (osteocytes) live in the spaces (lacunae) with the bone matrix surrounding a central blood vessel and nerve filled space (Haversian canal) that provides nutrition to these cells.
Vertebra and Intervertebral Disc
- Histology Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | ANAT2241 Support | Histology | Histology Stains | Embryology Glossary
- Pages require student zpass to access.
ANAT2511 | Virtual Microscopy, Cells and Types of Tissue | Selected Basic Tissues | Histology of Bone and Joints | Histology of Muscle | Histology of Nervous Tissue | Integumentary System | Circulatory System Histology | Respiratory System Histology | GIT Histology | Urinary System Histology
- Pages can be accessed from any internet connected computer.
ANAT2511: Practical 1 Introduction to Histology | Practical 3 Basic Tissues | ￼Practical 5 Bones and Joints | ￼Practical 7 Muscle Tissue | ￼Practical 9 Nervous Tissue | ￼Practical 11 Integumentary (Skin) System | ￼Practical 13 Circulatory System | ￼Practical 15 Respiratory System | Practical 17 Gastro‐intestinal Tract, Liver and Gallbladder | ￼Practical 19 Urinary System | Histology Drawings