ANAT2341 Lab 3
Please note the different location for this week’s practical class: Wallace Wurth Teaching Lab 120.
PRACTICAL CLASS PROGRAM:
- Weekly Quiz + revision (15 minutes)
- Practical class activities (90 minutes)
- Practical Class Revision (15 minutes)
PRACTICAL CLASS ACTIVITIES
- Fertile egg dissections
- Whole body regeneration in planarians
- (There will be back up activities available if required)
- Understand the process of gastrulation, and being able to identify the defining structures in the chicken embryo.
- Understand early neurulation, mesoderm and heart development, and being able to identify the defining structures in the chicken embryo.
- Understand the regeneration process of planarians following amputation and being able to identify blastema formation, antero-posterior (A/P) and dorsal-ventral (D/V) axes conservation, eye regrowth, re-pigmentation of the regenerated tissues, and worm behavior.
PRACTICAL CLASS NOTES: The practical class notes are available on Moodle