2010 BGD Practical - Fertilization to Implantation
--Mark Hill 11:57, 8 May 2010 (EST) These pages will be updated just before the Monday Practical classes.
We will study human development over a series of 3 practical classes spanning the overall human prenatal developmental timecourse. There will be an additional class covering the extramebryonic tissues formed from the conceptus (the embryonic membranes and placenta).
Practical - Fertilization to Implantation
This laboratory is an introduction to the earliest event in development, from fertilization of the ovum (egg) by sperm through to implantation.
Gonad, gametogenesis, ovary, testes, menstral cycle, oocyte development (oogenesis), sperm development (spermatogenesis), sperm morphology/motility, meiosis/mitosis, follicle, ovulation, zona pellucida, polar bodies, hormonal changes, mechanism of fertilization, post-fertilization changes, corpus luteum, zygote, morula, blastocyst, zona pellucida, embryoblast, trophoblast, ectopic implantation, abnormalities.
- Human Embryology, WJ. Larsen Chapter 1, 2, 3
- The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology. Moore & Persaud Chapter 1, 2
Online Practical Help
- Online Practical Pages contain movies which work better using the Firefox browser on your desktop (Internet Explorer may crash)
- Bookmark this current page (so you don't get lost)
- Work through the series of linked online resources with the demonstrator (listed in order the lefthand menu on each page)
- Online Page Organisation is the same on each page with a lefthand menu and righthand content (here)
- Page Content has a series of images, text and movies down the page in sequence, a list of Terms and a link to a Glossary
- Highlighted words within the page text link to the Glossary brief description, all additional pages and resources are always shown as "Links:"
- External Links there are links on some pages which may take you to other places outside the current Practical (navigate carefully, remember point 2!)
- Finished when we have reached and discussed Week 3 Overview (additional pages are not covered in the Practical but for your own additional study)
- Glossary: A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | Numbers | Symbols | Term Link
- 2010 BGD: Lecture 1 | Lecture 2 | Practical 3 | Practical 6 | Practical 12
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2020, January 24) Embryology 2010 BGD Practical - Fertilization to Implantation. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/2010_BGD_Practical_-_Fertilization_to_Implantation
- © Dr Mark Hill 2020, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G