2009 Lab 1
Cell Division and Fertilization
This laboratory will look at gametogenesis and fertilization. As this is your first laboratory, it will also introduce the online embryology learning materials that support your learning objectives.
The laboratory will also introduce individual progressive assessment and the group online assessment submission.
- Identify the anatomical structure of the testes and the ovary.
- Identify the stages and differences between gamete development in the two gonads.
- Understand the endocrine regulation and changes associated with the menstrual cycle.
- Understand the process of fertilization.
UNSW Embryology Links
- Week 1 - Spermatogenesis
- Week 1 - Oogenesis
- Human Menstrual Cycle
- Week 1 - Fertilization | In Vivo Fertilization | In Vitro Fertilization
- Dr Mark Hill 2009 UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G