1. What is the protein that the sperm binds to??? ZP3
2. Name the 3 stages of follicular development??? Primary (primordial), Secondary (antral and preantral) and Preovulatory (Graffian).
--Joanne Raffel 13:12, 6 August 2009 (EST)
1. What factor do the synctiotrophoblast cells secrete to support the ongoing pregnancy??? Secretes hCG to initiate the release of progesterone to maintain the uterine wall.
2. What does the corpus luteum secrete to prevent continuation of the menstrual cycle??? Secretes progesterone to inhibit the menstrual cycle, which is facilitated by hCG which is released by the blastocyst.
3. What are the 2 main tissues to be derived from the germ cell layer continuous with the lining of the amniotic sac??? Ectoderm and endoderm
--Joanne Raffel 14:39, 6 August 2009 (EST)
--Joanne Raffel 13:56, 13 August 2009 (EST)
1. What period of human development (in weeks) do the 23 Carnegie stages cover??? Carnegie stages are used to identify the internal and external developmental process of the embryo. The Carnegie stages are covered over 8 weeks (56 days).
2. What part of the somite will contribute to the vertebral column??? A somite is a segment of mesodermal tissue that gives rise to the vertebral column, dermis, and skeletal muscle. The sclerotome which results from the somites forms the vertebral column.
3. At what Carnegie stage does the human neural tube normally completely close??? At Carnegie stage 13 (4 weeks) the neural tube closes completely.
--Joanne Raffel 14:15, 13 August 2009 (EST)
--Joanne Raffel 13:41, 20 August 2009 (EST)