|On 5 March 2019 at 10:36:24 AM (Canberra time), the resident population of Australia is projected to be:
This projection is based on the estimated resident population at 31 December 2017 and assumes growth since then of:
- one birth every 1 minute and 40 seconds,
- one death every 3 minutes and 16 seconds,
- one person arriving to live in Australia every 57 second,
- one Australian resident leaving Australia to live overseas every 1 minute and 49 seconds, leading to
- an overall total population increase of one person every 1 minute and 15 seconds.
These assumptions are consistent with figures released in Australian Demographic Statistics, December Quarter 2017 (cat. no. 3101.0).
Australia and the World...
Australian Bureau of Statistics Population Clock