Talk:UNSW Learning and Teaching Seminar 2012
Carolina Matheson Argomedo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Original Embryo Statistics - http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/Stats/embryostats.htm
Canon Microfiche Reader used from 1975 to 1995 to view embryo section 49 images (7x7 matrix) in 3 sets:
- Week 4 Embryo - Stage 13
- Week 8 Embryo - Stage 22
- Week 8 Embryo - Selected Stage 22 images (high power)
Separate sets of labelled drawing corresponding to each section. These needed to be swapped with sections to view.
- Transferred to an internal network.
- Then to a CDROM.
- Then to the web.
Website page established with electronic versions of serial images.
- Medical students volunteered to help with labelling of embryo sections.
- Brain Awareness Week 2013 - High school student presentation.
- Brain Awareness Week 2012 - High school student presentation.
- Embryology DVD - replaced the earlier CD versions of the online materials (Version 6.0 March 2007).
- New Medical Program
- UNSW Embryology Towards the end of 2004 the entire website site was moved to a new web address (http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/).
- IFAA 2004 - Slides - Meeting slides presented at International Federation of Associations of Anatomists IFAA, Japan 2004
- Science Science 9 July 2004: Vol. 305 no. 5681 p. 157 DOI: 10.1126/science.305.5681.157c PDF
- UNSW ITET4 Fellowship - Innovative Teaching and Educational Technology 4 (ITET4) Fellowship Project on Cell Biology.
- Awakenings 2 educational presentation "The Web site has daily up to 150 visits with 1,188 page requests, approx 50% are within class hours the balance in a band period between 6 - 12pm (source: Microsoft Site Server Express Analysis)"
- Embryology - First online on the original Anatomy website.
The Wayback Machine
The Wayback Machine is an initiative of the Internet Archive, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, building a digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form.
Internet Society As the Society that administers much of the Internet turns 20 years old, they have introduced this award at their annual meeting in Geneva.
New Site 2009 -
- Embryology Site has been crawled 6 times going all the way back to October 13, 2009.
How do I cite Wayback Machine urls in MLA format?
This question is a newer one. We asked MLA to help us with how to cite an archived URL in correct format. They did say that there is no established format for resources like the Wayback Machine, but it's best to err on the side of more information. You should cite the webpage as you would normally, and then give the Wayback Machine information. They provided the following example: McDonald, R. C. "Basic Canary Care." _Robirda Online_. 12 Sept. 2004. 18 Dec. 2006 . _Internet Archive_. < http://web.archive.org/web/20041009202820/http://www.robirda.com/cancare.html>. They added that if the date that the information was updated is missing, one can use the closest date in the Wayback Machine. Then comes the date when the page is retrieved and the original URL. Neither URL should be underlined in the bibliography itself.
Site Move 2004 - 2009
- 2004-2009 Embryology Site has been crawled 106 times going all the way back to November 12, 2004.
- Nov 2004 Snapshot
- 2004-2009 Cell Biology Site has been crawled 96 times going all the way back to February 14, 2004.
Original Site 1997 - 2004
- 1997 Original Embryology Site has been crawled 45 times going all the way back to May 5, 1999.
Science Projects - Student Contributions
In the graphs, an equal edit contribution would be reflected by approximately similar sized wedges.
- 1961 - Microfiche.
- 1962 - Slide carousel projector.
- 1977 - Apple computers.
- 1981 - IBM computers.
- 1982 - Microsoft MS-DOS.
- 1990 - Powerpoint.
- 1993 - Mosaic web browser.
- 1994 - Netscape Navigator web browser.
- 1995 - Internet Explorer web browser.
- 1996 - Flash multimedia platform.
- 1998 - Google internet search.
- 1998 - Blackboard course management system.
- 2001 - Wikipedia online encyclopaedia running on Mediawiki.
- 2002 - Moodle course management system.
- 2004 - Facebook social networking service.
- 2010 - iBooks e-book application for iPads.
- 2012 - ??
The changing environment we have experienced in the last 70 years, and more recently the last 20 years.
UNSW Graduate Attributes 2010
Scholars who are:
- understanding of their discipline in its interdisciplinary context
- capable of independent and collaborative enquiry
- rigorous in their analysis, critique, and reflection
- able to apply their knowledge and skills to solving problems
- ethical practitioners
- capable of effective communication
- information literate
- digitally literate
Leaders who are:
- enterprising, innovative and creative
- capable of initiating as well as embracing change
- collaborative team workers
Professionals who are:
- capable of independent, self-directed practice
- capable of lifelong learning
- capable of operating within an agreed Code of Practice
Global Citizens who are:
- capable of applying their discipline in local, national and international contexts
- culturally aware and capable of respecting diversity and acting in socially just/responsible ways
- capable of environmental responsibility
|UNSW Graduate Attributes|
|Scholars who are:
||Leaders who are:
||Professionals who are:
||Global Citizens who are: