Talk:Lecture - Placenta Development
|Lab 3 Assessment|
|In Lab 3 you were asked to divide the group project among your members and to research your allocated project component.
You will need to demonstrate that you have actively researched your project topic over the last week by having your section heading appear on the project page and have at least 3 research/review articles listed under that sub-heading.
The same content should be passed on your own individual assessment page.
Links only work with currently enrolled UNSW students.
Lecture 8 - Placenta Development Lecture Date: 2012-08-14 Lecture Time: 15:00 Venue: CLB 3 Speaker: Mark Hill
Lecture 7 - Early Vascular Development Lecture Date: 2012-08-14 Lecture Time: 11:00 Venue: BioMed E Speaker: Mark Hill
Historic - Fetal Membranes Images
- Human Embryology Larson Ch7 p151-188 Heart, Ch8 p189-228 Vasculature
- The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology (6th ed.) Moore and Persaud Ch14: p304-349
- Before we Are Born (5th ed.) Moore and Persaud Ch12; p241-254
- Essentials of Human Embryology Larson Ch7 p97-122 Heart, Ch8 p123-146 Vasculature
- Human Embryology Fitzgerald and Fitzgerald Ch13-17: p77-111
- Developmental Biology by Gilbert, Scott F. Sunderland (MA): Sinauer Associates, Inc.; c2000 - Figure 11.30. Human embryo and placenta after 40 days of gestation | Figure 15.11. Transfer of oxygen from the mother to the fetus in human embryos | Formation of extraembryonic membranes | Figure 15.9. Circulatory system of the early avian embryo
- Endocrinology: An Integrated Approach Nussey, S.S. and Whitehead, S.A. London:Taylor & Francis; c2001
- Vogel P. [See Related Articles] The current molecular phylogeny of Eutherian mammals challenges previous interpretations of placental evolution. Placenta. 2005 Sep-Oct;26(8-9):591-6.
- Cross JC. [See Related Articles] How to make a placenta: mechanisms of trophoblast cell differentiation in mice--a review. Placenta. 2005 Apr;26 Suppl A:S3-9.
- Simmons DG, Cross JC. [See Related Articles] Determinants of trophoblast lineage and cell subtype specification in the mouse placenta. Dev Biol. 2005 Aug 1;284(1):12-24.
- Rama S, Rao AJ. [See Related Articles] Regulation of growth and function of the human placenta. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003 Nov;253(1-2):263-8.
- Evain-Brion D, Malassine A. [See Related Articles] Human placenta as an endocrine organ. Growth Horm IGF Res. 2003 Aug;13 Suppl A:S34-7.
Take the Quiz