Talk:2010 BGD Lecture - Development of the Embryo/Fetus 2
Activity: Lecture Title: Development of the embryo/fetus 2 Scheduled: 9am to 10am Tuesday 11 May 2010 in CLB7
This lecture covers the period of Embryonic development, in Humans from week 3 to week 8 and is divided into 23 Carnegie stages of embryonic development. There will also be a brief introduction to fetal development.
This period of development will also be covered in your Practical, which is currently being updated for 2010 and will be available online. Note, the period from week 9 to week 38 is considered Fetal development and will be covered in detail in the Laboratory 12.
- Embryonic Development
- Organ and System formation (Functioning / Not Functional)
- Dynamic changes internal and external
- Carnegie stages illustrate external development
- Carnegie Stages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | About Stages | Timeline
Use the above stage number links to images and information about each specific stage of human development over the first 8 weeks. The links below give a broad overview of developmental events during each week.
Alternatively, look through development week by week.
- Week 2 Carnegie stage - 5 | 6
- Trophoblast - outer cell layer
- Embryoblast - inner cell mass
- Bilaminar embryo