Talk:2009 Lecture 8
- MBoC - The first three cadherins that were discovered were named according to the main tissues in which they were found: E-cadherin is present on many types of epithelial cells; N-cadherin on nerve, muscle, and lens cells; and P-cadherin on cells in the placenta and epidermis. The cadherins are the major CAMs responsible for Ca2+-dependent cell-cell adhesion in vertebrate tissues. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?highlight=placenta&rid=mboc4.section.3508#3513
- Loss of Egg Yolk Genes in Mammals and the Origin of Lactation and Placentation David Brawand, Walter Wahli, and Henrik Kaessmann PLoS Biol. 2008 March; 6(3): e63. Published online 2008 March 18. doi: 10.1371/journal.pbio.0060063. PMCID: PMC2267819
- Chorioallantoic placentation in Galea spixii (Rodentia, Caviomorpha, Caviidae) Moacir F Oliveira, Andrea Mess, Carlos E Ambrósio, Carlos AG Dantas, Phelipe O Favaron, and Maria A Miglino Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2008; 6: 39. Published online 2008 September 4. doi: 10.1186/1477-7827-6-39. PMCID: PMC2543018
- Pathophysiology of placentation abnormalities in pregnancy-induced hypertension Mitsuko Furuya, Junji Ishida, Ichiro Aoki, and Akiyoshi Fukamizu Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2008 December; 4(6): 1301–1313. PMCID: PMC2663465
- New discoveries on the biology and detection of human chorionic gonadotropin Laurence A Cole Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2009; 7: 8. Published online 2009 January 26. doi: 10.1186/1477-7827-7-8. PMCID: PMC2649930
- The first trimester human trophoblast cell line ACH-3P: A novel tool to study autocrine/paracrine regulatory loops of human trophoblast subpopulations – TNF-α stimulates MMP15 expression Ursula Hiden, Christian Wadsack, Nicole Prutsch, Martin Gauster, Ursula Weiss, Hans-Georg Frank, Ulrike Schmitz, Christa Fast-Hirsch, Markus Hengstschläger, Andy Pötgens, Angela Rüben, Martin Knöfler, Peter Haslinger, Berthold Huppertz, Martin Bilban, Peter Kaufmann, and Gernot Desoye BMC Dev Biol. 2007; 7: 137. Published online 2007 December 19. doi: 10.1186/1471-213X-7-137. PMCID: PMC2263055 "We established a first trimester trophoblast cell line (ACH-3P) by fusion of primary human first trimester trophoblasts (week 12 of gestation) with a human choriocarcinoma cell line (AC1-1)."
- The Pregnant Sheep as a Model for Human Pregnancy James S. Barry and Russell V. Anthony Theriogenology. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2009 January 1. PMCID: PMC2262949 Published in final edited form as: Theriogenology. 2008 January 1; 69(1): 55–67.
- Developmental Regulation of Human Cytomegalovirus Receptors in Cytotrophoblasts Correlates with Distinct Replication Sites in the Placenta Ekaterina Maidji, Olga Genbacev, Hsin-Ti Chang, and Lenore Pereira J Virol. 2007 May; 81(9): 4701–4712. Published online 2007 February 21. doi: 10.1128/JVI.02748-06. PMCID: PMC1900158
- Comparative aspects of trophoblast development and placentation Anthony M Carter and Allen C Enders Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2004; 2: 46. Published online 2004 July 5. doi: 10.1186/1477-7827-2-46. PMCID: PMC455692
- Implantation-Dependent Expression of Trophinin by Maternal Fallopian Tube Epithelia during Tubal Pregnancies : Possible Role of Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin on Ectopic Pregnancy Jun Nakayama, Daisuke Aoki, Tomoaki Suga, Tomoya O. Akama, Satoshi Ishizone, Hirohito Yamaguchi, Kazuhiko Imakawa, Daita Nadano, Asgerally T. Fazleabas, Tsutomu Katsuyama, Shiro Nozawa, and Michiko N. Fukuda Am J Pathol. 2003 December; 163(6): 2211–2219. PMCID: PMC1892375 "Trophinin, tastin, and bystin have been identified as molecules potentially involved in human embryo implantation."
- A life threatening uterine inversion and massive post partum hemorrhage caused by placenta accrete during Caesarean section in a primigravida: a case report Dimitris Tsivos, Fozia Malik, Kirana Arambage, Philip Hagan, and Cheng Lee
Cases J. 2009; 2: 138. Published online 2009 February 12. doi: 10.1186/1757-1626-2-138. PMCID: PMC2646695