File:Stage 13 image 097.jpg
G6L Image Features
- Rathke's pouch. Floor of pharynx with foramen caecum (remains of thyroglossal duct), and caudally to it, the hypopharyngeal eminence.
- Aortic sac ventral to H-P eminence.
- Caudal pharynx (extending laterally, ventral to dorsal aorta - cf B4). L lungbud caudal to L atrium with attachment of pulmonary mesenchyme to septum transversum.
- Stomach, mesentery.
- Liver. Gall bladder.
- Cranial limb of midgut loop in mesentery with intervitelline anastomoses.
- Caudal attachment of mesentery with hindgut inside.
- Communication of intra- and extra-embryonic coeloms.
- Cervical region (neural tube cut very obliquely): note the wavy notochord and thin roof and floor plates.
- Thoracic region: alternating light and dark parts of the sclerotomes (vertebral bodies and I.V. Discs, respectively).
- Lumbar region: tiny, dorsal segmental branches of dorsal aorta. Each little branch is aligned almost parallel to the cranial border of the next caudal dorsal root ganglion (segmented dark masses).
- Sacral region: oblique section of neural tube, notochord.
About Stage 13 Embryo Sections - This image is from a serial section of a 6mm CRL pig embryo with some features of the Stage 14 embryo. This embryo is approximately equal to the day 42 human embryo. Use these serial images to identify internal features and relationships that exist within the embryo at this stage. Then compare these images with the later features of the Carnegie stage 22 human embryo.
|Stage 13 Serial unlabeled images||Embryo Stage 13 Serial labeled images|
|System Links: Introduction | Cardiovascular | Coelomic Cavity | Endocrine | Gastrointestinal Tract | Genital | Head | Immune | Integumentary | Musculoskeletal | Neural | Neural Crest | Placenta | Renal | Respiratory | Sensory | Birth|
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, June 16) Embryology Stage 13 image 097.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Stage_13_image_097.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||17:24, 10 August 2010||1,000 × 720 (162 KB)||S8600021||==Stage 13== ==Image Features== Rathke's pouch. Floor of pharynx with foramen caecum (remains of thyroglossal duct), and caudally to it, the hypopharyngeal eminence. Aortic sac ventral to H-P eminence. Caudal pharynx (extending laterally, ventral to dors|
- You cannot overwrite this file.