File:Stage20-23 limbs b.jpg
Human Embryonic Limb Development
Carnegie stage 20 to 23 (week 8) extracts showing upper and lower limb development (Images are not to scale).
Note that during week 8 for both limbs:
- more advanced development of upper limb at all stages (about 2 days).
- growth in overall length.
- rotation of limbs.
- towards the end of this week the more obvious elbow/knee, shoulder/hip.
- development of digits (fingers, toes) from digital rays.
- loss of cells by apoptosis between the digits.
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, March 23) Embryology Stage20-23 limbs b.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Stage20-23_limbs_b.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||11:02, 15 September 2009||600 × 226 (13 KB)||S8600021|
- You cannot overwrite this file.