File:Mouse gonad Gcnf expression 01.jpg
Mouse gonad Gcnf Expression
Analysis of Germ Cell Nuclear Factor (Gcnf) pluripotency-associated genes, and meiosis-related gene expression profiles in PGCs in male and female embryonic gonads and in spermatogonial cells. Gcnf possible function in the activation or initiation of meiosis by enhancing Stra8 expression and inhibiting the expression of pluripotency-associated genes.
- A–F - Analysis of β-galactosidase activity in male (left-hand side of each panel) and female (right-hand side of each panel) gonads in Gcnf LacZ KI embryos on E12.5 to E17.5.
- G–L - Whole-mount in situ hybridization (WMISH) analysis of Gcnf expression in the gonads of wt male (left-hand side of each panel) and female mice (right-hand side of each panel) on E12.5 to E17.5.
- 454-amino acid polypeptide with a molecular weight of 52 kD.
- amino acid sequences of mouse and human GCNF are 99% identical.
- ligand-activated transcription factor.
- Links: Image - E12.5 to E17.5 | Image - E12.5 | Image - E13.5 | Image - E14.5 | Image - E15.5 | Image - E16.5 | Image - E17.5 | Genital System Development | Mouse Development | OMIM 602778
This is an open-access article, free of all copyright, and may be freely reproduced, distributed, transmitted, modified, built upon, or otherwise used by anyone for any lawful purpose. The work is made available under the Creative Commons CC0 public domain dedication.
Figure 2. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0103985.g002 Figure altered in size and labelling.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||20:05, 18 September 2014||1,947 × 843 (304 KB)||Z8600021||===Reference=== <pubmed>25140725</pubmed> ====Copyright==== This is an open-access article, free of all copyright, and may be freely reproduced, distributed, transmitted, modified, built upon, or otherwise used by anyone for any lawful purpose. The w...|
- You cannot overwrite this file.