File:Mouse CT E10.5 head.jpg
Mouse Embryo Computed Tomography
Identically scaled renderings representing 3D μCT scans of embryos (E10.5 head according to paper methods) subjected to different fixation and scanning procedures.
- A - 4% formaldehyde and secondary Bouin's fixation.
- B - 4% formaldehyde + 1% glutaraldehyde with Iothalamate meglumine used as a contrast agent.
- C - 4% formaldehyde + 5% glutaraldehyde plus contrast agent.
All embryos are shown in right 3/4 inferolateral view.
- "Typical μCT renderings are represented by the embryos depicted in Figure 2A-C. The combination of aldehyde fixation and Cysto Conray® yields images (Figure 2B-C) with a surface quality comparable to embryos fixed with Bouin's solution (Figure 2A). Bouin's-fixed embryos appear have a rougher surface texture compared to those fixed with either glutaraldehyde mixture (Figure 2B-C). The identically scaled images of Bouin's fixed embryos appeared generally smaller compared to those fixed with glutaraldehyde mixtures, but a comparison of μCT images only cannot indicate the relative roles of fixation-induced tissue shrinkage or swelling."
- Mouse Stages: E1 | E2.5 | E3.0 | E3.5 | E4.5 | E5.0 | E5.5 | E6.0 | E7.0 | E7.5 | E8.0 | E8.5 | E9.0 | E9.5 | E10 | E10.5 | E11 | E11.5 | E12 | E12.5 | E13 | E13.5 | E14 | E14.5 | E15 | E15.5 | E16 | E16.5 | E17 | E18.5 | E18 | E18.5 | E19 | E20 | Timeline | About timed pregnancy
|Note these Carnegie stages are only approximate day timings for average of embryos. Links: Carnegie Stage Comparison|
|Timeline Links: human timeline | mouse timeline | mouse detailed timeline | chicken timeline | rat timeline | Medaka | Category:Timeline|
<pubmed>20163731</pubmed>| BMC Developmental Biology
© 2010 Schmidt et al; licensee BioMed Central Ltd. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Original File name: 1471-213X-10-18-2-l.jpg http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-213X/10/18/figure/F2
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||11:24, 17 August 2010||1,200 × 449 (83 KB)||S8600021||==Mouse Embryo Computed Tomography== Identically scaled renderings representing 3D μCT scans of embryos (E10.5 head according to paper methods) subjected to different fixation and scanning procedures. A, 4% formaldehyde and secondary Bouin's fixation.|
- You cannot overwrite this file.