Human Embryo Day 8 to 9
Section through ovum imbedded in the uterine decidua. Semidiagrammatic. (After Peters.) original figure title
- am. - amniotic cavity
- b.c. - blood clot, at the site of initial implantation
- b.s. - body-stalk, or connective stalk later forming the placental cord region with placental blood vessels
- ect. - embryonic ectoderm that will contribute to embryonic and placental membrane development
- ent. - entoderm (endoderm), this was the historic term for what we today call endoderm that will contribute to embryo development
- mes. - mesoderm, consisting of both embryonic mesoderm (in the trilaminar embryonic disc) and extraembryonic mesoderm (outside the trilaminar embryonic disc)
- m.v. - maternal vessels, spiral arteries that have been opened at their ends
- tr. - trophoblast, relative to the embryonic disc the outer syncitiotrophoblast and inner cytotrophoblast layers that will contribute to placental development
- u.e. - uterine epithelium, the epithelial layer that lines the unerus
- u.g. - uterine glands, the glands that secrete nutrients to support the initial growth both before and after implantation
- y.s. - yolk-sac, the endoderm lined and extraembryonic mesoderm covered cavity that will contribute to the gastrointestinal tract, blood and blood vessels
- Gray's Images: Development | Lymphatic | Neural | Vision | Hearing | Somatosensory | Integumentary | Respiratory | Gastrointestinal | Urogenital | Endocrine | Surface Anatomy | iBook | Historic Disclaimer
|Historic Disclaimer - information about historic embryology pages|
|Embryology History | Historic Embryology Papers)|
|iBook - Gray's Embryology|
Gray H. Anatomy of the human body. (1918) Philadelphia: Lea & Febiger.
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, August 26) Embryology Gray0032.gif. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Gray0032.gif
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||17:04, 17 August 2009||500 × 417 (57 KB)||MarkHill||Section through ovum imbedded in the uterine decidua. Semidiagrammatic. (After Peters.) * am. Amniotic cavity * b.c. Blood-clot * b.s. Body-stalk. * ect. Embryonic ectoderm * ent. Entoderm * mes. Mesoderm. * m.v. Maternal vessels. * tr. Trophoblast.|
- You cannot overwrite this file.