File:Gap junction 01.jpg
Discovered by J.P. Revel & M.J. Karnovsky in 1967
- allowing direct communication between cells (open & close)
- close membranes 2 - 3 nm apart
- connexins form hollow 1.5 nm diameter cylinders
- heart muscle, smooth muscle electrical and chemical integration as a single functional unit
- Also in embryonic development (see Blastocyst Development)
Search PubMed: gap junction
Cite this page: Hill, M.A. (2019, February 22) Embryology Gap junction 01.jpg. Retrieved from https://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/embryology/index.php/File:Gap_junction_01.jpg
- © Dr Mark Hill 2019, UNSW Embryology ISBN: 978 0 7334 2609 4 - UNSW CRICOS Provider Code No. 00098G
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||13:15, 3 March 2012||800 × 562 (69 KB)||Z8600021||==Gap Junctions== * Discovered by J.P. Revel & M.J. Karnovsky in 1967 * allowing direct communication between cells (open & close) * close membranes 2 - 3 nm apart * connexins form hollow 1.5 nm diameter cylinders * heart muscle, smooth muscle electrical|
- You cannot overwrite this file.