The Embryology pages and media listed below relate to mouse embryonic day 16 E16 of development. This staging by "days" relate to in the female presence of a vaginal plug indicating that the mating occurred, see timed pregnancy.
- Mouse Stages: E1 | E2.5 | E3.0 | E3.5 | E4.5 | E5.0 | E5.5 | E6.0 | E7.0 | E7.5 | E8.0 | E8.5 | E9.0 | E9.5 | E10 | E10.5 | E11 | E11.5 | E12 | E12.5 | E13 | E13.5 | E14 | E14.5 | E15 | E15.5 | E16 | E16.5 | E17 | E17.5 | E18 | E18.5 | E19 | E20 | Timeline | About timed pregnancy
|Note these Carnegie stages are only approximate day timings for average of embryos. Links: Carnegie Stage Comparison|
|Timeline Links: human timeline | mouse timeline | mouse detailed timeline | chicken timeline | rat timeline | Medaka | Category:Timeline|
- Salivary Gland Development - Submandibular salivary gland lumenization of the main secretory duct is nearly complete.
- tooth - molar m1 is early bell stage, m2 is late cap stage, and m3 is not yet visible.
- Ectodysplasin receptor (EDAR) expressed in the hair follicle.
- a secondary wave of hair follicle placode induction takes place followed by a tertiary (E18) wave. These hair follicles are responsible for forming most types of hair follicles. Primary hair follicle placode induction occurred at E14.
- touch - Stage 1 and 2 developing hair follicles associated with nerve fibers.
- Larsen M, Yamada KM & Musselmann K. (2010). Systems analysis of salivary gland development and disease. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Syst Biol Med , 2, 670-82. PMID: 20890964 DOI.
- Radlanski RJ, Renz H, Zimmermann CA, Mey R & Matalova E. (2015). Morphogenesis of the compartmentalizing bone around the molar primordia in the mouse mandible during dental developmental stages between lamina, bell-stage, and root formation (E13-P20). Ann. Anat. , 200, 1-14. PMID: 25723515 DOI.
- Yan M, Wang LC, Hymowitz SG, Schilbach S, Lee J, Goddard A, de Vos AM, Gao WQ & Dixit VM. (2000). Two-amino acid molecular switch in an epithelial morphogen that regulates binding to two distinct receptors. Science , 290, 523-7. PMID: 11039935 DOI.
- Duverger O & Morasso MI. (2009). Epidermal patterning and induction of different hair types during mouse embryonic development. Birth Defects Res. C Embryo Today , 87, 263-72. PMID: 19750518 DOI.
- Peters EM, Botchkarev VA, Müller-Röver S, Moll I, Rice FL & Paus R. (2002). Developmental timing of hair follicle and dorsal skin innervation in mice. J. Comp. Neurol. , 448, 28-52. PMID: 12012374 DOI.
Pages in category ‘Mouse E16’
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category ‘Mouse E16’
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.