2017ANAT2341 Tutorial 2
|Embryology - 24 Jul 2019 Expand to Translate|
|Google Translate - select your language from the list shown below (this will open a new external page)|
العربية | català | 中文 | 中國傳統的 | français | Deutsche | עִברִית | हिंदी | bahasa Indonesia | italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | မြန်မာ | Pilipino | Polskie | português | ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਦੇ | Română | русский | Español | Swahili | Svensk | ไทย | Türkçe | اردو | ייִדיש | Tiếng Việt These external translations are automated and may not be accurate. (More? About Translations)
I am offering a voluntary second tutorial session on Thur 7th September 11 AM - Scenario room G10
This is a voluntary tutorial session and attendance is not compulsory. Notice of this tutorial will be also on the Moodle Course Announcements.
The tutorial will be an opportunity for students to ask any questions you may have about the content within the next 3 online lectures. Please feel free to post any questions or content you would like covered to Moodle.
- Understanding of germ layer contributions to the early gastrointestinal tract (GIT)
- Understanding of the folding of the GIT
- Understanding of three main GIT embryonic divisions
- Understanding of associated organ development (liver, pancreas, spleen)
- Brief understanding of mechanical changes (rotations) during GIT development
- Brief understanding of gastrointestinal abnormalities
- Understanding of early blood vessel and blood development
- Brief understanding of vascular growth and regression
- Brief understanding of vascular growth factors
- Understanding of heart development
- Understanding of heart timeline
- Understanding of heart septation
|Begin Intermediate:||Primordial Heart Tube||Heart Tube Looping||Atrial Ventricular Septation||Outflow Tract||Heart Valves||Cardiac Abnormalities||Vascular Overview|
Neural Crest Development
- Understand the structures derived from ectoderm.
- Identify the initial location of neural crest cells and pathways of neural crest migration throughout the embryo.
- To know the major tissues to which neural crest cells contribute.
- To know how abnormalities associated with neural crest cell.
|Peripheral Nervous System (PNS)||Neurons - sensory ganglia, sympathetic and parasympathetic ganglia, enteric nervous system, and plexuses|
Carotid body type I cells
|integumentary||Epidermal pigment cells melanocyte|
|Facial cartilage and bone||Facial and anterior ventral skull cartilage and bones|
|Sensory||inner ear, cornea endothelium and stroma|
|Connective tissue||tooth odontoblast
smooth muscle, and adipose tissue of skin in head and neck
Connective tissue and smooth muscle in arteries of aortic arch origin
|Links: neural crest | Category:Neural Crest | Neural Crest collapsible table|
I will provide a third tutorial after the next batch of online lectures (14, 16, 18) have been covered. Please use the online forum to post any questions or content that you would like discussed.
- Woodhoo A & Sommer L. (2008). Development of the Schwann cell lineage: from the neural crest to the myelinated nerve. Glia , 56, 1481-90. PMID: 18803317 DOI.
- Barraud P, Seferiadis AA, Tyson LD, Zwart MF, Szabo-Rogers HL, Ruhrberg C, Liu KJ & Baker CV. (2010). Neural crest origin of olfactory ensheathing glia. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. , 107, 21040-5. PMID: 21078992 DOI.